Tel: +44 121 414 6199
Semester One: Mathematical Finance; Advanced Algebra: Modules for Principal Ideal Domains
I have three Ph.D. students
· Valentina Grazian (fusion systems of sectional rank 3)
· Athar Waraich (realizing fusion systems)
· Raul Moragues Moncho (fusion systems with an extraspecial subgroup of index p)
Past Research Students
· Eleanor Cassell (PhD). She is studying character degrees and conjugacy class lengths. Here is her thesis PhD Thesis.
· Tom Brookfield (PhD). Generation in finite simple groups. PhD.
· Jason Semeraro (MPhil). He has studied fusion systems. Here's his MPhil.
· Kanchana Atapattu (MPhil). She worked on amalgams. Here is her work MPhil.
· Ahlam Fallatah (MPhil). She presented a dissertation on the structure of Coxeter groups.
· Murray Clelland.(PhD). He has written a successful PhD on saturated fusion systems. Here's here is his PhD Thesis.
· Mayam Gomez-Cano (PhD). She has written a successful thesis on the isomorphism type of (Sym(3),Sym(5))-amalgams. Here is her PhD thesis. And here are some of her computer programs. They are written in MAGMA. Here they are.
· Sandra Covello (PhD). She has written a successful thesis on the structure of minimal parabolic subgroups in the symmetric groups. In particular, for p >3, she has determined all the soluble minimal parabolic subgroups of Sym(n) . Here is her PhD Thesis.
· Sarah Astill. She has written a successful report on group recognition. Here is her project.
· Rachel Abbott (MSci). She has written a successful report on the ZJ-Theorem. Here is her project.
· Andrew Pattison (MSci). He has written a successful report on the modular representation theory of the symmetric groups.
· Ruth Chapman (MSci). She has studied graphs of valency four which have large girth.
Last updated email@example.com