News and recent events
- PhD opportunity: Adaptive numerical algorithms for PDE problems with random data.
- 23-26 June, 2015: attending the 26th Biennial Numerical Analysis Conference at the University of Strathclyde.
- New preprint: together with David Silvester we have designed and implemented an adaptive algorithm for efficient solution of elliptic PDEs with random data. The adaptive refinement process is driven by precise estimates of the energy error reductions that will occur if different refinement strategies are pursued. Numerical experiments were performed using our freely available software S-IFISS. Link to the preprint.
- 1-3 May, 2015: visiting the Numerical Analysis group at the University of Manchester to collaborate with David Silvester.
- 26 March, 2015: Sébastien Loisel (Heriot-Watt University) visited us and gave a talk at the Applied Mathematics Seminar.
- 05 March, 2015: Andrea Cangiani (University of Leicester) visited us and gave a talk at the Applied Mathematics Seminar.
- 19 February, 2015: visiting Department of Mathematics at the University of Sussex and giving a talk at the MASS seminar.
- 05 February, 2015: Claudia Schillings (University of Warwick) visited us and gave a talk at the Applied Mathematics Seminar.
- New preprint:
together with Serge Nicaise we studied the boundary element method (BEM) on graded meshes for the
electric field integral equation on polyhedral surfaces.
We have established quasi-optimal convergence of the h-BEM.
The key ingredient of our analysis
are new stability properties of the Raviart-Thomas interpolation operator
for low-regular vector fields on anisotropic elements.
Preprint on arXiv Paper in Numerische Mathematik.
- Hot off the press: our paper Energy norm a posteriori error estimation for parametric operator equations with Catherine Powell and David Silvester has been published in SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing. Our freely available software S-IFISS was used to perform numerical experiments in the paper.