Currently, I am a PhD student at the University of Birmingham under the supervision of Richard Mycroft and Daniela Kühn.
I wrote my master's thesis at the Freie Universität Berlin under the supervision of Tibor Szabó.
School of Mathematics
University of Birmingham
Birmingham B15 2TT
Watson Building, Room 318
Email: fxg472 @ bham.ac.uk
Contagious sets in a degree-proportional bootstrap percolation process (with Andrew McDowell and Richard Mycroft), Random Structures & Algorithms, to appear.
Hamilton cycles in hypergraphs below the Dirac threshold (with Richard Mycroft), Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B, to appear.
The complexity of the Hamilton cycle problem in hypergraphs of high minimum codegree (with Richard Mycroft), Proceedings of the 33rd STACS (2016), 38:1-13.
On graphs with excess or defect 2, J. Discrete Appl. Math. 180 (2015), 81-88.
ResearchMy research interests lie in the field of extremal (hyper)graph theory. During my PhD I have worked so far on the complexity of the Hamilton cycle problem in hypergraphs and on dirac type results for Hamiltonicity. The hardness of the Hamilton cycle decision problem in dense hypergraphs for different cycle types is of particular interest to me. One main result of this research is a precise characterisation of dense 4-graphs which do not contain a Hamilton 2-cycle. The proof involves an application of the absorbing method. Before I started my PhD in Birmingham I wrote my master's thesis at the Freie Universitšt Berlin in which I investigated regular graphs with odd girth which are close to the Moore bound. I applied techniques from linear algebra, algebraic graph theory and elliptic curves to derive a number of conditions for the existence of these graphs.
University of Birmingham:
Freie Universität Berlin:
- Autumn 2017: Graph Theory, First Year Courses.
- Spring 2017: Complex Analysis, Numerical Methods and Programming.
- Autumn 2016: Linear Algebra, Multivariable and Vector Analysis.
- Spring 2016: Differential Equations, Complex Analysis.
- Autumn 2015: Introduction to Combinatorics, Real Analysis.
- Spring 2015: Combinatorics, Complex Analysis.
- Autumn 2014: Graph Theory, Linear Algebra, Real Analysis.
- Autumn 2013: Algebra and Number Theory.
- Spring 2013: Elementary Geometrie.
- Autumn 2012: Algebra and Number Theory.
- Spring 2012: Linear Algebra II.
- Autumn 2011: Linear Algebra I.
Conference, workshop and seminar talks
- Combinatorics Seminar, University of Warwick, January 12, 2018.
- Combinatorics Research Seminar, University of Birmingham, October 24, 2017.
- RS&A 2017, Gniezno, August 9, 2017.
- SPSAS ACO 2016, Universidade de S„o Paulo, July 20, 2016.
- STACS 2016, Université d'Orléans, February 18, 2016.
- Connections in Discrete Mathematics, Simon Fraser University, June 18, 2015.
- GRWC 2015, Iowa State University, June 3, 2015.
- Combinatorics Research Seminar, University of Birmingham, May 21, 2015.
- IWONT 2014, Univerzita Komenského v Bratislave, June 30, 2014.
- Research Seminar Combinatorics, Freie Universität Berlin, November 13, 2013.
Last updated: January 2018